Part 2 – Round B: School-Based Services Policy Learning Forum: The Who & How: Implementation
Source: National TTA Center for Child, Youth, and Family Mental Health (NTTAC)
Resource Type: Video or Webinar
Transformation Team Subjects: School-based Services
Key Topics: Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Funding & Financing, Policy, Positive Youth Development, Schools, Youth Voice & Engagement
“What: This recorded two-part virtual learning series, offered by the NTTAC School Based Services Team, focuses on policy foundations and implementation to advance the goals of Project AWARE and school mental health systems change initiatives.
Why: Creating sustainable changes to school mental health systems is a cornerstone of Project AWARE nationwide programming and tandem school mental health initiatives. Learning how to translate the creative, innovative, and solution-focused work of AWARE and other initiatives from the local to the state level into long-lasting culture change is fundamental. One way to do that? Policy.
How: The two-part series was a structured dialogue between school mental health policy experts, state leaders, and district/local leaders.
This recording of Part 2: Round A: The Who & How: Implementation focuses on Policy to practice (local and state implementation); Partnerships & parity (within school systems and community); and Progress & possibilities (where does school mental health policy need to go to be truly equitable?). This round of the policy forum features the following panelists:
- Donna Kitrick, LMSW, Waterloo AWARE Program Manager (Iowa AWARE)
- Claudia Rojas, MA, Newcomer Coach for Los Angeles Unified High School, former Restorative Justice Coordinator and Principal
- Carla Quintero, LMFT, PPSC, Regional Mental Health Coordinator Orange County Department of Education
- Jen Baker, LMFT, Project Coordinator, MTSS, Project Cal-Well AWARE Grant (California AWARE)
- Kendall Fujioka, MSW, Legal intern, U.S. DOE; former Program Director for School Climate Transformation Grant (SCTG) and Project Cal-Well (Now Is The Time/Project AWARE for ABC Unified (California AWARE)
- Lisa Eisenberg, MPP, MSW, Policy Director at California School-Based Health Alliance
- Moderator: Yesmina Luchsinger, MS
To see the full event description visit: https://conta.cc/3D1lxQM