Part 2 – Round A: School-Based Services Policy Learning Forum: The Who & How: Implementation
Source: National TTA Center for Child, Youth, and Family Mental Health (NTTAC)
Resource Type: Video or Webinar
Transformation Team Subjects: School-based Services
Key Topics: Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Funding & Financing, Policy, Positive Youth Development, Schools, Trauma-Informed Care
“What: This recorded two-part virtual learning series, offered by the NTTAC School Based Services Team, focuses on policy foundations and implementation to advance the goals of Project AWARE and school mental health systems change initiatives.
Creating sustainable changes to school mental health systems is a cornerstone of Project AWARE nationwide programming and tandem school mental health initiatives. Learning how to translate the creative, innovative, and solution-focused work of AWARE and other initiatives from the local to the state level into long-lasting culture change is fundamental. One way to do that? Policy.
This round of the policy forum features the following panelists:
- Angela Castellanos, LCSW, PPSC, ASC, NTTAC School Based Services training specialist, former school district mental Health consultant and administrator
- Casey Yates, Director of Intervention, Warren Schools (Kentucky AWARE)
- Laura Muse, LCMHC, Director, Project AWARE (Advancing Wellness and Resiliency in Education) at NC Department of Health and Human Services (North Carolina AWARE)
- Louis Laffitte, EdD, Assistant Superintendent of Behavioral Health and School Safety, Glendale Elementary Unified School District (Arizona AWARE)
- Terrell Sample, MPA, MSOL, State Project Director for Maryland Project AWARE & BJA STOP School Violence Initiative (Maryland AWARE)
- Moderator: Yesmina Luchsinger, MS
To see the full event description visit: https://conta.cc/3D1lxQM