Part 1 – Round B: School-Based Services Policy Learning Forum: The What & Why: Foundations
Source: National TTA Center for Child, Youth, and Family Mental Health (NTTAC)
Resource Type: Video or Webinar
Transformation Team Subjects: School-based Services
Key Topics: Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Policy, Schools, Youth Voice & Engagement
“This recorded two-part virtual learning series, offered by the NTTAC School Based Services Team, focuses on policy foundations and implementation to advance the goals of Project AWARE and school mental health systems change initiatives.
Creating sustainable changes to school mental health systems is a cornerstone of Project AWARE nationwide programming and tandem school mental health initiatives. Learning how to translate the creative, innovative, and solution-focused work of AWARE and other initiatives from the local to the state level into long-lasting culture change is fundamental. One way to do that? Policy.
This round of the policy forum features the following panelists:
- Amber Reid, MSW; Education Program Professional for Climate, Data, & Equity, Nevada Department of Education, Office for a Safe and Respectful Learning Environment
- Kendall Fujioka, MSW; Legal intern, U.S. DOE; former Program Director for School Climate Transformation Grant (SCTG) and Project Cal-Well, ABC Unified (California AWARE)
- Monica Nepomuceno, MSW; Education Programs Consultant at California Department of Education, facilitator of the California School Mental Health Policy Work Group
- Rachele Espiritu, PhD; Former school board member, Denver Public Schools (Colorado); Former Project AWARE Cultural Competence Coach for the Now is the Time TA Center
- Yesmina Luchsinger, MS; NTTAC School Based Services Lead at CARS, former Director of School Safety & Social Wellness at the Arizona Department of Education (Arizona AWARE)
- Moderator: Leora Wolf-Prusan, EdD
To see the full event description visit: https://conta.cc/3D1lxQM