Children’s Mental Health
Awareness Month 2022
Discover. Empower. Sustain.
In May, organizations throughout the nation come together in observance of
Children’s Mental Health Awareness Month
2022 THEME: DISCOVER. EMPOWER. SUSTAIN.
2022 Theme: Discover. Empower. Sustain.
Children’s Mental Health Awareness Month is an opportunity to discover new ways that systems of care could meet the needs of today’s children, youth, and families. It is a chance to reevaluate these systems, and transform them. In 2022, we’re committed to empowering our community supports and providers with the resources necessary to sustain an equitable system of care for young people and their families.
On this page, you’ll find resources that you can use and share to participate in CMHA Month 2022.
Guides and Tip Sheets
- Activities for Families (National Federation of Families)
- Self-Care Tip Sheet for Families (Children’s Mental Health Matters)
- Virtual Calming Rooms (Baltimore County Public Schools – Office of School Climate & Safety)
- Guide to Caregiving Following a Stressful Event (University of Maryland School of Med Taghi Modarressi Center for Infant Study)
- Tips for Caregivers on Media Coverage of Upsetting Events (National Child Traumatic Stress Network)
Dr. Sarah Vinson on children behavioral health, how children are coping with the stress of COVID-19 and more (Voices for Georgia’s Children – 2020)
- Audio Stories – Youth Taking Action: Youth-Driven Mental Health Advocacy and Engagement in Schools (Youth MOVE & NTTAC)
- Living Adaptive Leadership Episode 2: Youth (Change Matrix)
- Living Adaptive Leadership Episode 3: Equity and Inclusion (Change Matrix)
- Living Adaptive Leadership Episode 4: School Mental Health (Change Matrix)
- Raising Good Humans: How to cultivate healthy responses to anxiety with Dr. Lisa Damour
Sign up for our mailing list to be among the first to learn about new events.
Register for upcoming events below. Do you have a specialized need for support from our team? Submit the Training and TA Request Form and we will be in touch.